Study of data mining techniques, i.e., knowledge discovery from data (KDD). The KDD process includes the exploratory data analysis, preprocessing, identification of outliers, clustering, prediction, frequent patterns, and data warehouses
- G. James, D. Witten, T. Hastie, and R. Tibshirani, 2013, An Introduction to Statistical Learning: with Applications in R. 1 ed. Springer.
- J. Han, M. Kamber, and J. Pei, 2011, Data Mining: Concepts and Techniques. 3 ed. Haryana, India; Burlington, MA, Morgan Kaufmann.
- S. García, J. Luengo, and F. Herrera, 2015, Data Preprocessing in Data Mining.
- C. Aggarwal and J. Han, eds., 2014, Frequent Pattern Mining. 2014 ed. New York, Springer.
- K.J. Keen, 2018, Graphics for Statistics and Data Analysis with R, Second Edition. 2 edition ed. Boca Raton, Chapman and Hall/CRC.
- B. Lantz, 2013, Machine Learning with R. Birmingham, Packt Publishing.
- J.P. Lander, 2017, R for Everyone: Advanced Analytics and Graphics. 2 ed. Boston, MA, Addison-Wesley Professional.
- R.H. Shumway and D.S. Stoffer, 2017, Time Series Analysis and Its Applications: With R Examples. 4 ed. New York, NY, Springer.
Slides and schedule available at Moodle.
Fill this form to get access to the course.